I have been having so much fun blending these five single note scents from the Demeter Fragrance Library. Gingerbread, Angel Food, Hawaiian Vanilla, Clean Skin, and Sunshine were all sent to me free to review on my blog. Did you know Demeter was the Greek Goddess of Agriculture? When the company started in New York in 1996 their first three scents were Dirt, Grass, and Tomato. The whole point of the fragrance library with over 300 individual scents is to become your own perfumer and create your own signature scents for every day. Haven’t you ever wanted to do that?
Instead of just combining the scents willy nilly, I opted for a more organized approach with ten combinations of two. Of course you can do trios, quads, or blend all five. Here are all ten options lined up on the arm of my couch and numbered so I could take notes and tell you about each.
- Gingergread and Angel Food: I found the Gingerbread overpowered the Angel Food so I recommend blending one Gingerbread to two or even three Angel Foods for a more balanced fragrance.
- Gingerbread and Hawaiian Vanilla: This one worked with an even scenting. You could smell the ginger but also the vanilla and a hint of pineapple.
- Gingerbread and Clean Skin: I thought this would be an odd combination but they meshed well together.
- Gingerbread and Sunshine: I’m not sure how much I liked this one. It wasn’t horrible, just not a fragrance I would wear.
- Angel Food and Hawaiian Vanilla: This was very fruity because the Hawaiian Vanilla overpowered the Angel Food. Just like before I would recommend a double amount of Angel Food if you want to smell that more. I did not enjoy this combination at all.
- Angel Food and Clean Skin: Surprisingly this is my second favourite pairing.
- Angel Food and Sunshine: This duo was soft, subtle, and had a barely there fragrance making this my top pick!!
- Hawaiian Vanilla and Clean Skin: Ugh! This smelled like chemical cleaning products.
- Hawaiian Vanilla and Sunshine: I have no other way to describe this, other than it smelled Happy.
- Clean Skin and Sunshine: This pair is a definite no for me. It was like every perfume in a drug store was sprayed all at once and mixed together.
In the end I would make a batch of Angel Food and Sunshine and a mini batch of Angel Food and Clean Skin in the empty containers included in my package from Demeter. So I guess my favourite individual fragrance is the Angel Food. Shocking I know since my name’s Angela.
If you have a beauty junkie or budding perfumer in your life this would make an ideal gift for them or for you.
The Signature Blending Trios (such as Gingerbread, Angel Food, and Hawaiian Vanilla) are limited edition, seasonally inspired with notes from each section of the fragrance pyramid as shown above. Trios are $45.00 for three different 1 oz cologne sprays.
Foolproof Blending Duos like Clean Skin and Sunshine are $35.00 for two different 1 oz cologne sprays, refillable spray bottle, four droppers, a funnel, and customizable label.
Demeter ships worldwide, anywhere UPS or Fed Ex will deliver Dangerous Goods, at a flat rate. Regardless of how much product you purchase, your shipping and handling rate will not increase. Ground FedEx to Canada $19.99. Please visit their website to peruse all the different options available in the Fragrance Library and for worldwide shipping information. The Demeter Fragrance Library gets a BEE Shopping recommendation from me.
*On Twitter @DemeterCEO #CBBFOOLPROOFBLEND
*On Instagram @demeterceo#CBBFOOLPROOFBLEND #bbloggersCA
Member of the Canadian Beauty Bloggers Network An InLinkz Link-up