Wednesday, September 23, 2015 is the first day of Fall and I’m joining other Canadian Beauty Bloggers in this panning challenge to totally finish up 5 beauty products by Fall. These are items I like but want to use up and get my monies worth, before they go bad. Here’s my 5 choices and a bonus item, showing with the blue line how much product I’m starting with in the photos. Future updates will show my progress as well. Join me on this journey and leave a comment below so I can follow you.
1. Julep Beach Tonic Body Oil (3.5 fl. oz.) I received a year ago in my Julep monthly subscription box. I love this scent and probably would have already used this up but the pump broke so it’s a pain to use. I want to use this up and won’t repurchase, even though I love it, because of the pump issue and the exchange rate on buying products from the US is a bit steep right now. It’s a very summery, beachy, ocean scent and works great to hydrate the legs so I want to use it up during shorts season.
2. The Body Shop Body Butter in Glazed Apple (1.6 oz) is my favourite body butter so far from my Christmas trio. I have one other in my stash and I want to have them all used up before Christmas 2015 so I can put them on my wish list again. I use these most nights on the heels of my feet and as a hand cream. If I finish this one early than I will continue on with the Shea Butter.
3. L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Spray & Set Makeup Extender Setting Spray (3.4 fl. oz.) is excellent. If you are looking for a setting spray than head to your local drug store and pick this up. I like how my face looks after setting and it does help makeup stay on longer. I use this 5 out of 7 days a week. The black bottle is hard to mark, but I estimate the line is about where it says “Makeup Extender”.
4. Mary Kay Satin Lips Mask (3 oz) is my favourite lip exfoliator but I’ve had this tube open for well over a year, maybe two and it’s time to use it lose it before it goes past its shelf life. I’d rather use it up than waste money plus I need to get into a better routine of exfoliating for softer lips. I plan to use this Wednesday and the weekend so I don’t forget. You just apply a small amount to your finger and then gently rub it all over your lips. Wipe off with a washcloth and apply a lip balm.
5. I recommend Mary Kay Satin Lips Balm following the mask, which I will also be attempting to use up. This I apply every morning, but again, the tube is getting near it’s shelf like and needs to be used up.
BONUS Benefit They’re Real Mascara (0.1 oz) is a deluxe size sample that I received in my Benefit Spring Luxe Box. This is the mascara I wear when I want my lashes to look perfect. In the future I will be buying the full size of this, but I have to use up some other mascaras first. By Fall I will have had this tube open for about 5 months so whether it’s empty or not I will be declaring it finished.
What products are you trying to use up or hit pan on right now? Tell me in the comments below.