If you hate mornings as much as I do then going back to school and getting ready in a timely manner can be stressful. I thought I would share some tips that I used for school and still use for work.
1. Pack your backpack (purse or briefcase) before you go to bed with everything you need to take with you when you leave the house the next day.
2. Check the weather forecast and lay out your clothes, accessories, and shoes the night before. Add a jacket or umbrella if needed. Include socks, underwear, bra, a belt, etc. Put it all together and you’ll never have a fashion meltdown because you can’t find something.
3. If you want to get a few extra minutes in bed, then have your shower or bath at night instead of in the morning. If you prefer that refreshing wakeup shower, then set out your towel and facecloth the night before.
4. Since you know your outfit of the day, why not decide your makeup colours as well? Have a small basket on your vanity or wherever you do your makeup, with the eye, cheek, and lip colours you plan to use and change this basket out every night with colours for the next morning. If you like to take your daily look with you to touch up throughout the day then you can easily dump this basket into a makeup bag and tuck it in your backpack or purse on your way out the door. Empty the makeup bag when you return home so it is ready for the next day’s cosmetics.
5. Keep your skin care and face prep routine simple on weekdays. When you are in a rush is NOT the time to test out new techniques, products, or an entirely new look. Save that for when you have ample time. Stay with your usual routine of cleansing, toning, moisturizing, priming, foundation and concealer.
Have a good night’s sleep, knowing that you have everything ready to go when you wake up.
Leave your tip below in the comments.